Welcome


This Blog will be a place dedicated to interview the Wonderful Flower Pressers and Artists
around the world that use 'Pressed Flowers" as part of their medium .
Let the world see What kind of " Art" can be made from it!
Please let me know if You would
to do an interview too or know someone ?
Come back often and Peace and Keep on Pressing...


This is the poem that reminded me to do this.

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy,
they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." Marcel Proust




Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Interview with Dorothy Marie Wark from 'Flowers Pressed by DeeMarie"

 I was so excited when I saw the interview from my friend Dee. I have never met Dee but have shared many flowers and leaves with her along with a wonderful Email-friendship. We met at a pressed flower group at yahoo. One day we will get her in our guild I hope ! 
The UK guild will be trying to get her too I am sure soon too! 
She has a true passion for nature , her photography is amazing ! I am honored to have some of Dee's nature shots I have hung proudly ! 
Her eye for detail is shown in both her works ! 

If you Click the picture it will get bigger

Name: 
Dorothy Marie Wark
alias Dee and/or DeeMarie



 

  Where are you from?
Nipawin, Saskatchewan, Canada and I love it here.









How Long have You been doing Pressed Flower Art and/or using Pressed Plant material in your art and crafts as a medium   ?
I went wild in 2009 planted over a hundred pansies and violas and did not have many other flowers and went overboard pressing autumn leaves too that fall.



Do you remember the first thing you pressed ?
Not really except I always had a passion for beautiful autumn leaves so would place a few in books over the past several years.



What’s your favorite mediums /materials?
There isn’t a flower I do not love as well any leaves and grasses.
  I really love designing my own backgrounds be it on the computer and this spring I learned to marble on paper, silks, cotton and satin and really love the rich look the silks and satins give as a background.





What is your favorite glues ?
  I only use a tad of Elmer’s glue

Do You use sealers on your pressed flowers?
  Only on greeting cards as I am not fond of the artificial look but do cover some with stitch witchery material I get at a fabric store.

What is your favorite Flower to Press and How do you do it?
Well I find the pansies and violas the easy ones to press by any method I use either in books or microwave oven press and do like the homemade screw-down presses so use all these methods.





Please Feel free to tell us about your work, inspiration, and thoughts with us too.
I do not ever like being idle and do many different things like pressing ,creating with pressed materials, making backgrounds,computer generated artworks, doing scrapbooking, tons of photography in the spring, summer and fall,and have just learned to do marbling and there are so many things I’d still like to try but am afraid I’d need another 20 years so fear I’ll run out of time.Lol



 




 
Where  can we find your work ? web ,blog , shops ,etc
Some framed artworks are in our local gallery and my blog is at  

http://pressedflowerdelights.blogspot.com
Note:  this link was updated March 2012


Please share tips ?
I find drying time to be very quick when I place a blue shop towel in the pages of my catalogue or phone book, place the plant material on half of towel and fold over and close the book and place under weights, usually fill gallon milk jugs full of water for weights


Tell stories that You want people to know about working with pressed flowers and plants .
Once you have decided to start pressing flowers remember it can get to be very addictive so you’ll need lots of proper storage area or move to a larger house.Lol ; I have about 50 medium sized pizza boxes with pressed material in my small room and still pressing and likely wont live long enough to use it all up so if anyone needs anything just give me a shout, ok?  

Thanks for filling this out .
 It is a pleasure, a very special thank you Terica as well to all the great friends I have made on this wonderful pressed flower group I belong to ; Your help and inspiration has made the world of difference to me.
Take care and may your blessings be filled with good health, happiness and much pressing and creating
Dee.




here is the link to the group on Yahoo , Dee and I mentioned we are a part of , if you are interested .
Many of the WWPFG members visit there often too.

I do hope you enjoyed this interview . Please leave comments and click the share buttons too.
Till next time Peace and Happy Pressing !

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Dee's work is beautiful and full of movement Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing :) well done
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! Using pizza boxes for storage is interesting and the idea of stitch witchery. Her work is wonderful! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!:-)...dee, i always enjoy seeing your work!:-)...this time was no exception!:-)...your backgrounds are magnificent!:-)

    terica, you are a gem for sharing all these wonderful interviews with us!:-)

    rebekah:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marjorie Beattie
    My friend and I just browsed through your blog and are so impressed! Last
    summer when I was in Nipawin I saw beautiful pictures of birds; do you paint
    them or photograph them and if you have them in a blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marjorie ,Thanks for stopping in. Dee is a wonderful photographer as well as a Pressed flower artist! I will try to get Dee the artist to answer here soon.
      Sadly I see the link to her blog is not working?
      I will change it as soon as I get a new one from her. peace Terica

      Delete
    2. Oh Hello Dear Marjorie, good thing Terica lit a fire under me>>Lol
      http://pressedflowerdelights.blogspot.com

      http://saskatchewanwildnature.blogspot.com

      I am learning to do short movie clips of the birds on my camera and had some fun with Blue Jays this morning.
      Thanks,
      Dee

      Delete

Thank You So much for the comments it can get lonely here!
I am opening the comment section to all ,with Hopes that everyone will be nice and I will not have to monitor . Please leave comments that are meant for Me or the Artist in the interview .Peace

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...